The AGM Sentinel is an automated pig tracking station that can be left at a remote pipeline location for up to 2.5 weeks without a human operator.It will reliably detect the passage of any pig equipped with a transmitter or magnetic and then uplink the passage information to an overhead satellite. Passages can be detected in quick succession.
The satellite uplink will send the passage information (passage time, asset #, and GPS location) to any number of email addresses and cell phones. A permanent version can be buried and powered by a solar panel.
- Detection of 22 Hz and Magnetic Pig Passage
- High accuracy for time and location (UTC time from GPS)
- USB port for firmware updates and setup
- Power – 4 C Cell Alkaline Batteries (2.5 weeks run time)
- Temperature rating (+130 F to -15F)
- Size = 9 X 6 X 3 inches; Weight = 4.1 lbs. Waterproof
- Future plans for acoustic detection
- Full Satellite AGM type data uplink